Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moab

Last weekend we went to Moab for Thomas' cousins wedding.  I know, who decides to get married in Moab??  Well, she is a real a outdoorsy kind of person, and her and her husband love to be in Moab, so that's who gets married there!  It was actually a very fun wedding.  They got married at Dead Horse Point National Park.  The view was breathtaking!!   I wish so badly that I would have gotten some pictures of that part of the trip.  This was my first time down in this part of the state, and I was not expecting it to be so beautiful.  The ceremony was very nice.  We then headed over to place called Red Cliffs Lodge, which is right on the river,  for the dinner and party.  They put on a pretty good one too!  Complete with prime rib, candy bar, s'mores bar, and karaoke!  It was a blast!
The next day we went to Arches National Park with the boys.  We did a couple of easy hikes with them and they loved it.  Xander especially got into the whole hiking thing, he was very cute, and even manipulated us into buying him a "hiking hat", because we had forgotten his for the trip.  That place is amazing!  It's incredible to see so many of earth's wonders in one place.  We are definitely going back again when we have more time.  Here are some pictures of some things we did.
Me, KC and Xander on our way to Moab.
William did so good, he slept the whole trip!  There and back, and did I mention that we did this trip in 24 hours.  He is amazing. 
Daddy was a very good driver.  I think was very sick of driving by the time we got home, he's such a trooper.
The boys and I in front of Balanced Rock.
William wasn't quite sure what to think of the carrier.
It was amazing!
I never could get a very good picture of Thomas and his Uncle Clint doing karaoke, but it was So dang funny!  The sang "I Swear".  They had place roaring!  Give those two a mic and you may not get it back, they know how to entertain, and aren't shy about it.  You wouldn't catch me up there, but I'm glad someone is brave enough to do it.  Good times.
Thomas' grandma "Tutu" and Aunt Leilani performed a beautiful Hawaiian wedding dance for the bride and groom.  I still remember them doing it for our wedding too.  Loved it.  It now means even more, becuase Tutu is slowing down quite a bit, and she can't do as much, so really it takes all she has to perform.
When we got home from the trip our house was hot and so was William.  We gave him a bath and let him be naked for awhile.  He was a happy camper.





1 comment:

Spring said...

Nothing cuter than a naked baby! He's so cute!