Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catching up

The boys on Easter Sunday morning.
KC is great big help around the house these days, who am I kidding- he always has been!  His new roll though is holding William while mom gets dinner ready.  He is very good at it, and William we think has really started to bond with him and feels comforted by him.
William at 1 month old.  Such a cutie pie!  The adorable blankie that he is on, my sweet friend Steph made.  Such great talent, that I wish I had.
And here he is giving us one of his infectious smiles!
Xan-man is a pretty good big brother too!
William was blessed on Mother's day.  Here he is in the carseat ready to go to church for the first time. He is wearing the same blessing gown that Thomas and his siblings wore and both KC and Xander wore. 
 Not the greatest picture of any of us, but I'll take what I can get.  Thomas gave William such a beautiful blessing, and I'm so grateful for that. I still have a hard time believing that I'm a mother to 3 boys.  Such handsome ones too.
Xander has been playing soccer the past month, and has seem to enjoy it a little more than last year.  That's him on the left.
I told him to smile and this is what I got.  Funny kid.
KC has been playing flag football again,  I don't have any pictures of that yet.  I'll post them when I take some.  He seems to be enjoying it more this time too.  The other night he grabbed his first flag and he was pretty dang excited about it, so were his father and I. 
Life continues to be busy for us.  Thomas with work, church responsibilities, and his family.  Me with the kids.  I just try to stay caught up with each boy's schedule, including Thomas'.  I feel like everyday is so full and packed with something that needs to be done.  I guess that is a good thing, keeps me from getting bored.  I know years from now my kids will be grown and won't need me as much and I'll be missing all this chaos.  So I better just enjoy this journey.  Now that William is nearly 2 months old, I feel like we are settling into a routine more and new normal has begun.  He is such a good baby.  A few weeks ago he went through a fussy stage for about ten days. He refused to nap during the day and just wanted to be held, but then decided to give that up and has been pretty pleasant ever since.   He sleeps pretty well at night.  Of course he sleeps with me in bed half the night, but at least he is sleeping and I am too!  I love the little guy.  He is smiling a lot more and he seems to be more of a mama's boy.  Thomas says that he just lights up when I'm around him.  I agree, he does and makes me feel good.  He is growing like a weed!  I remember my babies growing quick, but I guess I forgot that it happens SO fast!  Makes me kind of sad that they don't stay in that newborn sleepy/cuddly stage for very long.  His 2 month appointment is on Monday, so I'll have to post his stats then.
We are so blessed.  Thomas and I are saying that to eachother a lot lately, but we really feel that it's true.  We have great family and friends that love us and we love them.  We have a good life.  It's not perfect by all means, but it is good and full of things that make us happy.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Oh he is so cute! I love all of his hair. What a cute family.