Friday, January 23, 2009

Randomness

Not much has been taking place lately. Mostly, we've been battling sickness after sickness. I've had strep this past week. It's the third time I've had it in the past eight months, ridiculous, I know! Luckily, since I've had it so often, I'm able to diagnose myself! I recognize the symptoms right away. So when I started feeling it a few days ago, I went to the doc immediately and got an antibiotic, which clears it up very quickly for me and I also didn't have to endure so much of it this time. I remember getting strep throat as a kid and it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now as an adult. It's really crappy, but like I said, I didn't have to go through all that this time. Now, Xander has developed a nasty cough again! Thanks to this horrible inversion, I believe. He just got over having one and here he is now coughing up a storm! I just made a Drs appointment for him for this afternoon, he was up alot last night. He'll get coughing so hard that he'll vomit. He's learned though, that he needs to do it into the toilet. In fact, he's so good at it now, that you have to remind him not to stick his head so far into the toilet. It's pretty funny and cute. I can't believe my baby boy will be 3 in just month. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital! Boy, he looks different now! Still cute as ever, but now his hair and skin is much lighter. He once did look like he was his 1/8 Hawaiian, now- he just looks like me. Sorry Thomas.
Our bishop challenged our ward to read the Book of Mormon by May 31st of this year, so Tom and I have been working at that. I'm really excited for this challenge, it's been awhile since I've read it. Tom has been taking the time to read it to the boys at bedtime. He's a very good daddy, he reads with lots of enthusiasm and also takes the time to "sum up and explain in simpler terms" so they can understand. I love listening to him read to them each night. I know it's important to read it to them, even at a young age like this. Just one those examples of how we can plant the seed now and hopefully it will grow in them. KC was so funny last night. After Thomas had read the BOM to them, he snuck into my room and asked me to read one of his story books to him, so I did. I'm sure he enjoys having his daddy read to him, but really enjoys his other books too, they probably don't go so far over his head like the BOM does.
We signed up for the sprint triathlon in St.George again this year. It's in April and we are doing it with a few of our friends as well, so we are making it an adult only weekend trip. Tom has also signed up for one in American Fork in March and another one in June in St. George again. I'm super excited to get going on this, I really need to hit training hard, I've been pretty lazy lately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome! I hope that you enjoy your trip to St. George & triathlon.

Rachel W. said...

Wow you guys are awesome, all determind to do all those triatholons! Thats so cool! You guys have such a good family and are so cute with each other. I love your boys! They are so cute and are so cute with Abby! Poor Xander I hope he gets feeling better! Love you guys!

Kelli said...

I can totally hear Tom's voice in my head right now reading the BOM to the kids. I really wish he would read it to me every night. Can he start a podcast? That would be so awesome. Now I'm trying to hear Brian's voice reading the BOM with expression......nope, nothing. I envy you. You're both really teaching them by example. I see the huge behavioral differences in your kids and mine. No wonder. Love you guys!!

Melonie said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog and I found yours. :) I have Amy's blog listed on mine. It's the "Kyle & Amy" one. I don't get to see her very much, but I think she's doing really well. Yes, that would be so fun to get together!

Tuckers said...

Jenn,

it was great seeing you tonight. We came home and checked out your blog together. Man that Troy Bolton costume was hilarious!Say hi to your family for me. Wish you all the best. Take care!

Ryan