Monday, February 11, 2013

Lake Powell Part 2

In July we went on our annual trip with my family down to Powell. It was an especially fun trip this time, probably because everyone was there the whole time and my dad decided to build us an AWESOME water slide.  Who knew how much fun you could have with a 100 ft piece of visqueen (sp?), a lot of digging in the sand, a fire hose, and a water pump??!!?!!  It was SO much fun!  I'm not sure who had more fun, the adults or the kids. Jury is still out on that.  Thanks to the men who scouted us out a picture perfect beach to park the boat and a few good hours of setting up the slide for all of us to enjoy while we were there.  I'm sure we looked a little hill billy playing on that homemade slide, but we couldn't have cared less.  In fact we had many people drive by our beach and just stop to watch us play on that slide. Some even tried it out for themselves.  This trip will go down in the books as being one of the best.  I'm very thankful to my parents who provide such a fun trip for all of us to enjoy.  I'm so glad my boys get to be apart of it, and have these memories to remember like I did when I was their age too.  Here's some of the pics from the trip. Unfortunately I did not take any pics of people using the slide, except for my dad.  I guess I'll have to get those from my sister in laws and sister.
Dad about to catch air on the jump.
Prepping for the slide.
The boys digging, they did this a lot.
Darren, Brian, and Kelli getting the pump to work.
William hated the water this trip and would cry and cry anytime we would try to take him in the lake.  So we just let him do this a lot. Play and get super dirty in the sand.
The kids jumping off the top of the houseboat.
Darren being himself.  He is wearing his speedo and my sister's tank top that says "Carlsbad, California" (Her husband's name is Carl)  So Darren put on the tank top and surprised Carl by running toward him calling his name. It actually was really funny.
Darren running towards Carl yelling his name.
All the kids dancing with Thomas on the front deck.
Uncle Thomas, the dance instructor.
Cute picture of William on the ski boat.  He loved taking rides and driving the boat with grandpa.
The kids in the bow of the boat.
Thomas and Brian showing how its done.
Brian best side.
My dad.
William and I.
Connor and William.  William liked to tease Connor on this trip.
Ben, Rachael, and KC.
The view of the beach, slide, and boat.  Such a fun trip.

No comments: