Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lake Powell 2012 Part 1

I am very behind on blogging, but really wanted to get it done before all is forgotten.  Back in June, right as the kids were getting out of school, we took a trip to Lake Powell.  This was not our ordinary trip that we take though, we took our good friends the Milner's and the Alleman's and beach camped there. My dad was VERY generous and allowed us to take not only his boat but also his truck to pull the boat with. Thanks so much dad, we are very appreciative of him letting us borrow such valuable equipment! We had so much fun with our friends and they too had a blast!  None of them had ever been, so it was really fun introducing them to the Lake that I grew up on every summer since I was like 4 years old.  We wanted to take this trip because it was one last hoorah before our dear friends, Alex and Jamie Alleman, moved to North Carolina for graduate school.  When Tom told me of his idea of this trip way back in March, I rolled my eyes at him.  I wasn't too keen on the idea of beach camping (I have been very spoiled with my parent's house boat), and I also didn't think that my dad would let us borrow his boat and take it clear to Lake Powell.  I mostly thought the idea of the trip would fizzle out, like other ideas in the past have, but as the date of the trip grew closer and my dad surprisingly told us we could take the boat, I knew that I couldn't back out of it.  And BOY, am I glad that I didn't!!  It was such a fun and memorable trip for us with such close friends that we have had over the years.  I think my biggest hesitation about the trip was simply just borrowing my dad's stuff.  I was extremely nervous about being responsible for such expensive things and I was nervous about the safety of everyone there.  In fact, I couldn't sleep the night before we left, because I was freaked out of my mind.  But once we were there at Powell, my nerves were calmed and I was able to relax and have so much fun.  I also gained an appreciation for Lake Powell again,  I think because I've been there so much, I've just taken it for granted all this time.  But I was able to see it through our friends' eyes and realized how really awesome that place is.  We took our kids, except for William, (left him home with grandma) and they all had so much fun playing on the beach, swimming, and just being the goof balls that they are.  The big kids had fun too, meaning the 30 and older age range.  Probably more fun the little guys.  And I also have to admit that I didn't mind camping on the beach either.  It was a lot of work and a little messier, but very fun!  I would do it again in a heart beat!  We are already planning our next trip.






The BOYS!!

                               






Jamie and Aria tubing.







                                                         Andrea and Shiloh tubing.





Captain Thomas.





                                              Me and Xan Man!





The boys watching the girls tubing from the back of the boat.





       Alex and Scott showing off their warrior dance    before jumping off this rock.





Carter and Xander playing on the boat.





                                               Shiloh and KC.




Andrea, Mac, and Scott.





      The kids in the bow of the boat, a favorite spot.




Me and the cute captain!




                                        Swimming at the beach.




The kids wanted to be buried, so we obliged.




The dads did not want to be buried, but we obliged anyways!





A shot of our camp.




The Milner family.  Tom has known them since middle school, and I'm so grateful to have such great friends. Love them.




The Alleman family.  Tom has been best friends with Alex since middle school. We love them and miss them a lot!




         Our cute family, minus William, who got left at home because mommy didn't want to chase him around the beach.  Next year baby Will.




The whole group. Such a fun trip.











No comments: