Friday, September 3, 2010

A baby and a calling

There has been some exciting news at our house recently, and I've fought it off long enough to share with you all . . .we are expecting!!! Yay! We found out that I was pregnant on our 8th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary to us! The news kind of came as a surprise to both Tom and I, because you see, we've actually had to wait for this one! We've tried for a year to get pregnant. I know to some of you that may not seem that bad, in fact I've come to find out that it's pretty normal for most women. But in our case it was kind of abnormal, considering the first two pregnancies just happened so quickly. With all that being said, we are excited and GRATEFUL to be adding to our family once again. The boys are excited to have a baby brother or sister. And I'm kind of excited that they are a little older and can be mommy's little helpers once the baby is here! (fingers crossed!) If it's a girl Xander says he wants to name her Sally, or "Sawee" as he would put it. I am just 12 weeks along, my due date is March 23rd. Xander will get to share his birthday month with the new baby.

A couple weeks after we found out that we were expecting, we found out that Thomas was going to get a new calling in our ward. He is now serving in our new bishopric as the 2nd counselor. We were also a little surprised by this news as well. A lot of people have asked me what it is like having my husband gone so much serving in the bishopric. And my response is that so far it's not that different from him serving as EQ president, because he was gone a lot with that calling too. Although the one difference are Sunday mornings. Not having him there to help get the boys ready and having him sit on the stand instead of with us... well let's just say that this is going to take some getting use to for me. It has been especially challenging for me lately because I've been so sick with this pregnancy, and getting myself ready and the boys ready and out the door for 9:00 am church is somewhat of an issue for me. But I have succeeded so far. I also have to admit that it is a little overwhelming to think that this is in reality at least a five year calling. However, I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, and this is what's in the cards for us at this time. I know that our family is being looked after, and I'm grateful to have this knowledge. I love the gospel and so does Thomas. I have complete faith that he can and will fulfill this calling to the best of his ability.

7 comments:

Spring said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I know you've been waiting for this one. And your ward is so lucky to have Tom in the bishopric! I'm sure he's doing an awesome job!

crush said...

Jenn, I am not surprised at Tom's calling at all. He will be fabulous and you will be a fabulous support. Heavenly Father will help you as you help him and he serves in the ward and you will be equal to the task. I know this!! Congratulations on the baby!! I am so happy and excited for a success story!! Yea!!! Can't wait to find out what it is!!!

A womb for rent said...

I am really excited that you pregnant!!! I am also really excited for Tom I think he is a great person to have in the bishopric. When I heard he was called I instantly thought he was perfect :) I also love that he is so nice to us even though we never go to church. Thats how I knew he would be great :) We keep talking about getting together, but I really think we should??? Shannon Withers and I (sometimes Julieann and Angalina also join) always go to the Park on Wed. If you would like to join us?

Jen Holt

Melonie said...

Congratulations Jenn! How exciting for you guys. I hope you get feeling better.

Craig and Amber said...

Congrats on both accounts. We are so excited for you to have another little one. And Tom is just the guy to serve your ward, what an awesome calling for him. I bet everyone loves having him in the bishopric. Good luck and keep us updated on the baby news. I guess you will find out what you are having...maybe not though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad we found each other of blogspot :)

Jules said...

Hooray! Congrats - super excited for your family!