Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas in our home

Many of you have asked to see pictures of our new home, and to be honest I hadn't really had any to post because we haven't taken any yet, until just recently. Since it being Christmas, and since we've decorated, I thought it would be a great time to show you our home, in all it's Christmas glory. I must say decorating for Christmas has been so fun in our OWN home! I was so excited to break into the boxes and start pulling the decorations out. Tom has really gotten into the spirit of things too. If I hadn't put a limit on what he could spend, I'm sure the outside of the house would have been much brighter. He managed to keep things simple in the holiday lighting department. Although, he's already told me that next year the house will have more lights and possibly a few yard decorations. He really wanted to do a large sign that says' "Mele Kelekimaka!" (can't spell it) in rope lighting somewhere in the frontyard. I know he was just dying to share the Hawaiian Christmas spirit with our nieghbors, but it will have to wait until next year. Sorry honey. Any how, here's our new place, the boys have started calling it our "Christmas house".


Our living room with Xander on the couch. We didn't plan it, but the green wall coordinates well with the Christmas decorations. By the way, Tom painted that beautiful green wall, you know that one that we're still trying to decide if the color is right for us. I don't mind it, but Tom's not convinced.


My Christmas kitchen.


My Grandma was dejunking some of her stuff, and she gave me the Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I was so excited, I love collecting Santa's and what better than to recieve them from my Grandma. The picture above our mantle is also a decoration passed down from family. Tom's great grandma made it, it's a Christmas tree made out of crushed old 7-up bottles and jewelry pieces for the ornaments. It's also lit from behind with a strand of lights. At first, I thought it was a little tacky, but now I think it's cute in my Christmas house.


Our Christmas tree and the garland that I made especially for my railing this year. The tree is new too, and it has quite the funny story to go along with it. I wanted a bigger tree this year, so I heard that some were 50% off at Micheal's on Thanksgiving day- the sale was 6:00-10:00-I read it on the flyer I had recieved. So, Tom was the one that drew the short stick that morning and ended up being the one to get up early and get the doorbuster tree. Well, to make the story short. The flyer did say 6:00- 10:00, just not a.m., but P.M.! Luckily, my husband found it to be more humurous that he was 12 hours early to get the doorbuster deal. hehehe!


Our simple holiday lighting, thanks to my husband and Alex.


I just had to include these pictures of the men in my life. Don't they make this snow look bearable? I love these guys!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of you home & family. What vicinity are you living in?

Melissa and Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa and Mike said...

So I've been snoopy...I noticed a friend found your blog (on facebook) so I had to search for it and look at it too. =0) Hope that's alright... Congrats on the new home - that's wonderfu! It looks beautiful, so fun to have your own place especially to celebrate the holidays!! Where are you guys at now? Well, hope all is well. I'll have to peek here again every now and then to see what's happening with you and your cute fam! Take care, and Merry Christmas!

Spring said...

Your house looks fabulous! I'm dying to come and see! How fun to have your friends right down the street, too! It looks like you're having a lot of fun decorating and everything.

crush said...

Glad you posted pictures of your house! It looks great! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

Jessica said...

Beautiful house! I have wondered what happened to you guys. We have been house hunting for about 6 months now and it has been LONG. Love the snow pictures. Out of curiosity where did you move to? You can answer on my blog if you want and I won't publish it for privacy for you. Anyway, so glad to see you and your kids again!

Anonymous said...

I love your new header photo and the quote by our beloved prophet, President Hinckley! I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Rachel W. said...

Cute blog Jen! You guys have such a cute family. I love the pics of your house and all your Christmas decorations! Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Love ya and thanks dor always watchin Abby! She loves her cousins!

Kim R. said...

Beautiful home!

Kelli said...

So beautiful. I'll say it again...I LOVE YOUR HOUSE! We love you and hope to see you next month.