Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Xander's Birthday

Xander turned 6 on March 1st, and wow, what a fast six years it has been!  He is such a good little boy when he wants to be.  I love him so much.  He tries my patience every day, but can be such a sweet tempered little guy also.  Xander is one that wears his emotions on his sleeve, just like his mom.  He can scream at his big brother, and the next second burst into tears over something that has happened.  Here are some things about my little Xan Man.

He loves candy and sweets. Any holiday where he gets candy he has it eaten within a couple of days.  Quite the contrast of his older brother who forgets he even has the candy and never finishes it.  Again, he gets this from me, unfortunately.  This addiction is probably the culprit of his 8 cavities he had filled last year.

He reminds us every night to pray and read our scriptures. Every night.

He says he hates church and complains every Sunday morning, but he always comes home and tells us everything he learned that day.  His primary teachers, Sister Cooper and Sister Peterson love him.  They tell me that he asks "out of the box" questions.  I believe he gets this from his daddy.

He is spiritually minded. A few years ago when my grandpa passed away, he was so curious about this. Where did grandpa go?  We talked to him about how his body would go into the earth and his spirit went to heaven. And then explained how they would be joined again at the ressurection.  He was even so curious as to why we couldn't see grandpa's legs in the casket (this part was covered by the lid), the guy from the mortuary lifted up that part of the lid so that Xander could take a peak at grandpa's legs.  It reassured Xander that his whole body would be put in the ground.  Xander had a dream two nights after my grandpa died, and he told us about it.  He said that he saw grandpa, and he was happy.  He was with his friends and he was happy.  About a month ago Thomas' grandma passed away.  The day that it happened and after we heard about her passing, he said to me, "Mom, Tutu is the reason why I'm an eighth Hawaiian."  It made me smile, and I was proud that he made that connection to her.  While at her viewing, he often wanted to go up to her casket and look at her.  He often asks us when we are going to go see her grave at the cemetary.

He is so funny!  He is constantly saying some funny things.  He still has an accent like he's from Boston and can't pronounce certain syllables.  I know it's important to work on his speech, but I have to admit that I will be sad when he starts talking like the rest of us.

He is constantly leaving pairs of socks around the house.  He takes them off and forgets where he puts them when he needs them again so he gets a new pair.  I'm not sure how to brake him of this obnoxious habit.  Sometimes I just have to laugh over it, otherwise I'll go bonkers trying to correct him on it.

He just recently learned to ride his bike with no training wheels.  It took him awhile to learn, but I knew that he would do it in his own time.  He can be pretty stubborn when it comes to learning new things.

 His best friends are Elliot, Carter, Sierra and Suhani.  He loves to play with his friends, and recently is outside all day long playing with them.  He and the neighbor friend, Suhani, recently tore a hole in the fence between our houses so that they could go from eachother's house much quicker than before.  Funny kids.

He doesn't love school.  He tolerates it. When I go into his classroom to volunteer, I notice that he is pretty quiet at school.  More so at the beginning of the year, he has opened up a little more recently.

For his birthday he really wanted a Stars Wars themed party, which is what KC had when he turned 6, so we couldn't say no...  he was so excited!  Here are some pictures of his party/birthday.   I love my Xander boy so  much.  He has brought a lot of joy and laughter into our family!







No comments: