Monday, May 24, 2010

My wife likes to sleep with the TV on.

I love my wife, I am more in love with her today then I have ever been. I find so much confidence in myself with her in my life. She is a huge help to me. She takes care of me, supports me, teases me, and laughs with me, she even diets with me. She is the best, the absolute love of my life. I couldn't live a day without her.
These are just a few of the reasons that I have made the choice to deal with her crazy habit of sleeping with the TV on. After almost 8 years of marriage to my beautiful bride I am at a point of curiosity that I must satisfy, and I need your help! Are there others out there that need the TV to sleep? Are there spouses that like me cannot sleep due to their significant others need to sleep with the TV on? What is so comforting about the noise of late night reruns of MASH and Seinfeld? What about the info-commercials? I would say I have nightmares about the "Magic Bullet" or the "Ronco, Rotisserie Oven", but I don't sleep enough to have dreams. But, I do own a "Magic Bullet".
Let us know if our family is not alone with this little situation.

4 comments:

Linds said...

I love having "white noise" to sleep, but not the TV. We use a humidifier and it does the trick for both of us.

Rosenberg Family said...

Nope, no noise for us...nice and quiet is how we roll!

Rachel W. said...

Tom its a Washburn thing Darren has to have the same thing! I have to have things quiet and dark so lately he goes and watches tv then come to bed or listens to his ipod! I know how you feel!

Kelli said...

Oh Thomas.
I love my spouse too. He's tried so hard to quit this same terrible habit...to the point of taking the TV out of the bedroom! But then he just ends up sleeping on the couch in front of the TV night after night. And the infomecials definately have subliminal powers. When Brody was 4 he asked Santa for only one thing: a Snuggie.
Rachel's right. It's a Washburn thing. They can't help it. It's in their DNA.