Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The big 6!!!

My sweet baby boy turned 6 today, and I know you are not surprised by this, but it makes me sad that he is growing up so quickly. Life has really seemed to hit this "fast forward button" lately, and I'm having a hard time coming to grips with it. It seems the older I get the faster it goes.

I just want to take this post and dedicate it to me sweet "KC Boy". When I think about the time that me and Daddy found out that we were going to have you, boy was I scared and unsure of my ability to be a mother. It may have been a rough start, but becoming a mother to you has made me grow in so many ways and I couldn't picture my life without you. You came to us at just the right time in our lives, we needed you. You were such a good baby . . . okay maybe not for the first 3 months of colic and non-stop crying. After that you were golden. No, really you have always been golden. When I think of the first time I held you in my arms, I still get emotional and wish that I could experience that moment a million times over. Getting you here was not an easy process, but 27 hours of labor later you arrived safely to us, and oh what a relief it was. You are such a good little boy, and are growing up so quickly. You are so bright and are learning so many new things. I love helping you learn how to read each night before bedtime. You are talented in so many ways. You are polite, reverent, funny, and make friends easily. You have a real talent for music, and can make up songs off the top of your head. You remind me at times how to not take life so seriously. KC you are such a great big brother to Xander. He loves you and wants to do whatever you are doing. Thank you for being so patient with him with whatever the situation is. Your relationship with your brother reminds me of the relationship I had/have with my sister. I hope that you will always be friends and close to eachother.
Thank you KC for being exactly who you are. You are a great example to our little family and I am so very grateful and lucky to be your mom. I love you, and Happy Birthday!








2 comments:

Spring said...

He really is the greatest little guy!

Kelli said...

We love you KC!!!
Love,
Uncle Brian
Aunt Kelli
Brody, Rachael and Nora