Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Times

Hey everyone! Long time no blog, although that's pretty typical of me. Sorry it's been a busy time with the Harris family, but I am proud to say that we are new homeowners! Yepee! I never thought I'd see the day coming. We closed on our new home on August 13th. We were thrilled to find our home here in the valley near both our families. It's a small home, but perfect for us for now. Except for one thing, it only has one bathroom! Yes, you heard me right- one bathroom! What were we thinking buying a home with one bathroom?! It brings back memories of living in the village, minus the cinderblock walls. Hopefully we can put a second bath in the basement soon. Besides only having the one bath, we are loving our new place and so are the boys. They've already put their bikes to good use in the driveway and their toys are scattered all around the house. It's been a process moving in, we've only been in the house for six days and are slowly getting unpacked. We could have moved in sooner, but decided to recarpet and paint a few walls before. Tom and I have both learned that painting just isn't our thing, but still cheaper than paying someone. He's actually better at it than I am, he has more patience than I do with it- which kinda surprises me. Anyway I'm rambling now. Just wanted to say hi and hope all is well with the rest of you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being new homeowners! I hope to see pic's of your new place soon.

Unknown said...

Congrats Jen and Tom! I'm very happy for you--can't wait 'till we're there. Post some pics, or better yet, let us know where you live so we can come and see the place. Love you guys!
(this is Jill by the way, not Jed)

Maren said...

That is so exciting that you guys have a house! Hurray for you. I hope to see pics soon! (hope you don't mind, I got your blog off Springs)

Spring said...

Yea! Congrats! So when can we come over and play?

crush said...

Great! Happy day! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the house! That's awesome! We are in the middle of our house hunt too and boy is it getting tedious. I definitely want to see pictures!

Karen said...

Woohoo! You guys are like grown up. That's big. Come on we're all waiting in suspense for those pics!

ALLEMAN FAMILY said...

We are excited for you guys and we'll be seeing you VERY SOON!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey, I am locking my blog and want you to have access. Please put your email address in so I can allow you. I will not publish your email.